Thursday, November 29, 2007

the sound of one hand slapping...



the other...
for I cannot seem to stop myself from buying more yarn.

Yarn Guilt:
The stash is already bursting out of the yarn storage boxes. I have many many (hellamany) yarn works-in-progress: Eight or nine ongoing knitted projects at present, but who's counting? (I do keep track, and it's downright embarrassing.)
I should knit them all up, and buy more only when those projects are completed. Holiday gift-giving time is here and that's where the funds should go. I should not click to purchase. I should walk away from the computer and slip the credit card back into my wallet. I should give myself a reality check.

Yarn Rationale:
There is so much potential in skeins, balls and hanks of new yarn! Wheeeeeee! Just thinking of all the future projects I could enjoy someday excites me so. Adding to the stash kinda sorta takes my mind off the holiday pressure(s) that are already mounting...

Final decision:
Hmmmmm.
If I order up nownownow, I might be able to whip out some fine hand-knitted holiday gifts...
Happy Holidays - to - me - and you?
The sound of both hands on the keyboard...Clickety click.

[image from nobleknits.com]

3 comments:

Conn said...

Sounds like my fabric guilt. I have boxes and boxes.. about 7 LARGE boxes of fabric and fabric scraps that "I will one day use for...". It's fun to have them around... why just last night I patched 2 pair of khaki "chore shorts" with fun scraps of Hawaiian bark cloth. Then there are the 4 plastic bins of yarns and strings under the bed. Of course I never seem to have just the right one so I NEED to get more. Stop the insanity!

Irene said...

I cannot resist a good yarn sale. There are a couple of large plastic bins of yarn waiting for me to use, but never the right ones for the numerous projects swimming in my head. Slap my hand too.

baffle said...

Fabric and yarn: the stuff of creativity.
Good stuff, so we can justify the stash after all, eh?

Buy a bigger house with more storage space, less guilt?
[smile]