Sunday, August 31, 2008

Scrubba Scrubba


I love soap.

Wonderful beautiful quality soap.

Such a good thing.

I luv it when bars of soap are called
'cakes' of soap (must be the food reference).

Fresh new bars of high-quality soap are a delight to the senses.
Scented or unscented.
Some are organic, rough around the edges and resemble blocks of cheese.
Others are smooth and polished.

French Triple-Milled soap is my favourite.

I'm excited to use a hunk of handmade soap with a rustic look. Or opening a brand new cake of the triple-milled stuff.
( I especially like the round soaps that are wrapped in that crispy parchment like paper....).


New cakes of soap.
Smoothly silken or textural and bumpy.
Shiny or dull.
All are full of sudsy promise.

Lather up with a cake of French-Milled soap, and the daily routine of hand and body washing becomes an absolutely luxurious experience.
We can all use a touch of sensuousness in our day, no?

Mmmmmmmmm.
What I really mean to say is Yummmmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

House Dreams said...

Oh, I swear I can smell it just through your descriptions!

Does one drool over soap?

baffle said...

Oh yes - drool on!
Soap buyer beware, however.
Today I came across some very prettily packaged, but downright pungent overperfumed stinky soaps. Those were definitely not droolable.