Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thank the universe for...


So much on TV is crap.
Not all of it, mind you. Just most of it.

When I tire of channel surfing for something worth watching (the ultimate exercise in futility) , I head straight for TCM.
Turner Classic Movies.
There, I can almost always find something: movie, a documentary on films or an interview with the moviemakers. Yes, I loves me some movies.

These last few days I've opted to stay around the homestead and putter (or as my Brit friends say - potter). A good deal of this pottering time has been spent on my latest knitting projects. Settled on the couch or in a comfy chair, I can sit and click the sticks for hours.

Just me and the needles. And yarn. Sometimes I knit in absolute silence. I do like the quiet. At other times, I crank the tunes. Loud.

If all else fails, there is TV: A home improvement show. Some PBS. Dirty Jobs (ah, you know I just had to link to another Dirty Jobs episode).
But mostly - there is TCM.



Lovely.

3 comments:

Conn said...

Last night we watched the DISNEY special on TCM and have been glued to that channel for a few weeks now. I just wish there were no commercials.
sniff and hmpf!

baffle said...

TCM as I know it has no commercials, at least not during the films. If there are any in-betweeny they are so subtle that I don't notice them (who me, not notice?!?). Or you may be talking about the TCM promotional stuff, which is all rather pleasant.
At any rate, I'm very thrilled to have TCM as well as most Disney, for that matter. What better TV viewing to be glued to, eh?
Yeah, I really HATE commercials too - tv or radio. Arggggh!

Conn said...

yeah... well i always get those channels confused,
tnt,tcm,amc... and we have been glued to all of those lately so perhaps i am mistaken.
amc used to be commercial free until a few years ago.
sniff and hmpf.