Thursday, May 21, 2009

skip skip skip to my lou



The other day I saw a (nicely dressed, tidy and fit-looking, middle-aged) man skipping down the street. It was a sight to behold. Kinda neat-o.

Children often skip, but adults tend not to. Or do they?

When was the last time you skipped (not school, not work, not TV channels, not dessert and definitely not rope). I haven't skipped like a kid in at least a decade. Maybe two. Perhaps I'll give it a go when next I'm out walking on the track and there's lots of room for me to stumble and fall...

Apparently, there are some heavy duty adult skippers out in the world.
Check out this article about the founder (of the above skipping movement).

1 comment:

House Dreams said...

My students' skip.
Even when we are in line.
"WALK!" we say, but they skip and hop and run! "WALK!"

At P.E. the little guys have to skip. Of course I have to skip with them as a model. Whoo! It's a work out. So is the hopping/skip step when we're pretending we're riding horses. Yipee-i-ay!