Tuesday, July 25, 2006

" I am big. It's the pictures that got small."

'Sunset Boulevard' - the movie. 1950
This could be considered an awkward segue from pleasant chitchat about All-Things-California woodlands, cable cars and poppies golden poppies, but what the heck. b'sblog will be all about a little o' dis and a little o' dat, so let's go for it...

ANYWAYS.
'Sunset Boulevard' is a film I've been putting off watching for far too many years. That famous scene of Gloria Swanson uttering the line about being ready for her close-up ('Mr. deMille') really creeped me out as a kid (which was when I started watching 'old' black&white movies). However, I'm a grown woman now and (I think I) can handle certain creepy things. So I steeled myself, rented the dvd and watched it last night. My one word review: mahvahlous.

It's a keeper.

No comments: