Thursday, February 14, 2008

I left mine in San Francisco


heart*, that is.
The video is a bit incongruous, yes? Hula dancers in the foggy city. Yet I could not resist linking to it. For Tony's song, of course. Then there are the irresistibly darling hula hand movements for 'cable cars'.
Ah, Lovely Hula Hands.
Be sure to click further - on Lovely Hula Hands - to hear the song as Mom used to sing it to me and my sibs.

I grew up in the city, and though my move away from there happened over 30 years ago, I still consider it home...and so my heart is left...

All the fond memories of childhood (and of city life in general) aside, 'the morning fog that chills the air' has always been, and will always be, too frickin' damp n' cold for me. Nope, I never 'got used to it'. No sentimental oozings for damp night air and that relentless biting cold wind.
Uh-Uh.

Anyways.
I sit here frittering away the last hour or two of February 14th, and realize that Valentine's Day 2008 is almost over for another whole year.
Zip. Gone. Bye Bye.
Just like that.

So.
I trust you let someone (or several someones) know today that you love him/her/it/them.
Telling is good.
Showing is even better.

If not today, there is always tomorrow.
We can choose to play out Love Day over and over and over. As we wish.

* Funny thing about a virtual leaving-of-the-heart. Like lizards who can regrow a broken tail, the essence of the human heart can be 'left' and yet seems always to return, renew, regenerate...

No comments: