Tuesday, January 30, 2007

For DollinkDaughterLLS



Because you enjoyed the choreography by The Whispers on 'And The Beat Goes On'...

This first little video clip may or may not bring back a musical memory for you...

You were all of 3 (?) or 4(?) years old when DaddyDear and I took you to see The Temps and The Four Tops at the Circle Star Theater in San Carlos.

The next time you're exasperated with frustrating things, try to lift your spirits with Motown Oldies but Goodies and a bit of dancin' dancin' dancin' - because darlin', you are a Dancing Machine...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That first clip is like the dueling banjos! I do remember that Temptations/Four Tops concert- I must have been older than 3 or 4 because I can remember what I was wearing! You made me a top with red and tan diagonal stripes (from a Brooke Shields pattern I think) and I had on my red jelly sandals. Pretty great, right?

baffle said...

Your memory serves you better than mine, that is for certain.

My most vivid memory of that concert was when the Temps sang "I Wish It Would Rain' - with the hand movements indicating falling rain, accompanied by the group dipping down at their knees at the faux thunder and lightning. I thought it was 'boss'.

LUV dem Classic Temps. Timeless Temps.

Now that you mention it, I recall that Brooke Shields pattern as well as the resulting blouse. Red jellies to match!