Friday, August 31, 2007

I need this


It's a masala dabba.

All this talk about getting rid of 'stuff', but OMG - do I need one of these or what?!?

For quite some time now, I've been considering adding dishes from East Indian cuisine to my cooking repertoire.

The flavors and aromas of Indian food are toothsome, but I'm a wimp when it comes to intense heat (from peppers and the like). Mild is good, lips and tongue burning is not. Can't handle it.

Sans heat, I'm eager to sample more Indian food and to take note of the regional differences. It ain't just about spicy hot curries. The enchanting aromas of Indian food has much to do with a variety of fragrant, delectable sauces and the combinations of fantastic spices that go into creating them.

What better place to keep an assortment of ambrosial Indian spices than in one's very own masala dabba?

I'm willing to purge my kitchen of several little-used items to justify adding this handy little spice holder...
Should I or shouldn't I?

3 comments:

House Dreams said...

Whatcha gonna toss?
Not sushi makings I hope!

Conn said...

does it come with 2 lids to keep all the aromas locked deep within?

baffle said...

Promise: I won't toss the sushi makings. Will move along some extraneous plastic ladles and/or a superfluous pot...plenty of those to spare.

There appear to be a couple of different masala dabba designs available - and yes, the better ones have double lids for freshness!

I was first attracted to the single lid version, then read more. Thanks! Your question reaffirms the need for double lidding!