Friday, June 01, 2007

bury my heart - revisited


Did not mean to mislead.
Mea maxima culpa.

The HBO show 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee' is not a miniseries, as I had originally thought.

It's a 2-hour film.

Long awaited and well received.

I thought it quite good.
Still wish for a miniseries, though. There are many more chapters from the book that need to be told.


I confess to being somewhat insatiable on the topic of 'Natives' and the true accounts of their part in the settling (resettling?) of this country.

The good.
The bad.
The very ugly: shameful realities.

America, a prideful country. Be not too proud.
Repercussions of earlier acts upon their peoples continue to reverberate within The Nations.

Much to learn.
Field trip, anyone?

Pictured: Chief Sitting Bull ~ photographed in 1885 by D.F. Barry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes me miserable.

Can we become more caring?

What shall we homo sapiens do to stop the aggression that pervades our cultures?